View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM

Default Re: In Response to Pro Tools HD 10 Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
How do you figure that they cost more? An HD1 system with an Omni I/O retails for $10,990 and an HDX1 with an Omni retails for $9999. The same price difference remains if move up to different interfaces. And it seems that, in terms of power, a single-card HDX system sits somewhere between an HD2 and HD3 system, which makes the price difference even greater.
A processor costing $500 12 years ago. Will cost $100 today but it will likely be 10 or 100 times as powerful.

Quote:
Well, the new interfaces certainly do sound better than the older ones did. As for the new floating-point mixer, they say it will sound better...I guess that remains to be seen. I'm sure it will sound better for many people, at least those who clip their current HD systems.
The interfaces YES.. But not the 350MHz processors on the cards.
I NEVER claimed that the new interfaces aren't good. They are. But they have been around 4 a while !

Quote:
The market for computers is a little broader than the market for HD/HDX systems. And in any case, the prices for Apple computers haven't stayed so consistent...G4 computers started around $1299. G5 machines started around $1499, and now Mac Pros start around $2499. Whereas the price for the new HDX systems has come down a bit.
I have been on Mac since 1996. My G3, G4, G5 did NOT retail for $12 or 1499.

Anyway, above is my opinion. Time will tell whether I am right or wrong !