View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Digi 002 Rack in stand alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
As has been said a hundred times(not in this thread, but trust me), even if it does work, I've never met anyone that called the 002 better than an "adequate" sounding unit. The Behringer ADA8200(the red one with Midas-designed preamps) will sound significantly better. If you don't mind spending more money for a major uptick in quality, look at the Midas XL48 or the Audient AD800(I think that's the model). Old Adat's are no better than the 002. Yes, I realize plenty of hits were done on those things, but technology has passed them by(and they will doubtfully ever be prized for there "vintage" sound.....)

Whatever you use, make sure you clock the system correctly or your audio will be full of clicks and pops....
Actually my 002 Rack sounds fine for my purposes. It has Black Lion mods and I’m just using it to convert 8 line-level inputs from Soundcraft Delta 200 deluxe channel strips. We use this to bring in synths and effects, not recording live jazz or anything like that.

Also, if I was going to upgrade then I would get hardware like ProTools HD, Antelope, Lynx Aurora, MOTU, or Metric Halo... NOT BEHRINGER!