View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 11:49 AM

Default Re: 2018.3 Running Very Well Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingy View Post
Anybody else getting weird UI glitches in 2018.3 on the latest OS X? Seeing things like the smart tool icon not change appropriately sometimes when I hover over certain track areas.
hmm none of that over here..

So far since I bought into Pro Tools in Dec 2015, this is the best version I have ever used. I haven't had a single crash and performance seems even slightly improved (still no where near cubase/Logic levels at 32 or 64 buffer, but better).
performance at 128 buffer is outstanding, including absolute full utilisation of my 8 logical cores.

I am using halion sonic in it which is a very heavy vsti, Steinberg have made it AAX native for the first time, and it's running like a dream at 128. I have 30 tracks going of just halion sonics here.. real cpu usage is 701% in activity monitor, pro tools meter is 90%, all cores equally hammered, and it plays back reliably.

In fact, for now I am holding off on moving to Cubase but rather perhaps using some midi features in it like the chord track but mixing down in PT all the way. This is because I am very impressed with 2018.3

If Avid can add folders, elastic pitch and just improve performance a bit further, I won't even look at another DAW again let alone try it.

PS while you are at it avid, the biggest complaint on youtube is the 32 i/o limit.. people are leaving rather than upgrading to HD hardware.. (not to forget hd hardware is very noisy which is another main reason some decide against it as it forces use of a machine room or very expensive iso box).

Just get with the program Avid, and make it 128 input or heck even 64. 128 makes sense since Vanilla is 128 tracks. For those that use HD software, allow the 256 inputs with core audio, any interface of their choice.

This Daw is *so* close to being the best on planet Earth, and I hope Avid realises that they will actually *gain* market share if they stop these silly restrictions.

Peace.