View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 04:00 AM

Default There was a problem stopping pro tools

Hi all

As you can see from the title I am having problems with my pro tools. I am currently a university lecturer teaching audio post-production/Foley work and I need my pro tools to prep lessons and grade work.

At the end of last year, I bought a new laptop as my old was near the point of death. My problem is my new laptop cannot handle videos what so ever even though it is an upgrade to previous.

Within Pro Tools 11.3.1 I input my video as normal a white small window appears (similar to the video window). Once I play a second window appears with the video yet the frames do not move, only audio is played. When I press stop it comes up with the error (there was a problem stopping pro tools).

This error stops me entering the top screen menu's (file, edit and so on). I have tried different codex's and stayed with DNxHD due to recommendations from other forum posts.

It is driving me up the wall I have no idea what to do! ... I know using a laptop is not the most ideal but it allows me to work on the go if need be. I have used Pro Tools to work with audio with little problems, it's just the video that is currently sucking.

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Processor AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB