View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Use Audio track as Notepad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
I really don't see how that is easier than using memory locations - which can have comments too. Also, tracks can have comments.
Like holden, I do really love having midi clips as a kind of second marker lane, especially for labeling scenes in video post.
- it is right in the edit window, no need to scroll and look in the memory location window
- a marker in the edit window, e.g. "party scene" is readable, but as soon as there is a marker close by, only "p" will be left of "party scene"
- midi clips that cover big parts in time keep their names more visible
- lots of "working" markers render searching for scenes within the edit window almost unusuable
- 100+ "working markers" or markers for specififc events e.g "shot" , "car drive 2" forces to scroll in the memory location window
- midi clips can have a distinguishable color, e.g. "forrest walk scene" in green
- additional markers within this scene can be coloured easily with the same colour as the midi clip by selecting midi clip and choosing the same colour in the colour palette with "marker" selected
- tabbing through the scenes with the midi track selected is quicker then selecting with the mouse in the memory location window or by recalling the numbers
- there can be further midi "marker" lanes for more global subdivision, if needed
Just one way of doing it.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060