View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Guitar playback sounds different to live

First of all, thank you guys for the replies, you all came up with some complex words that I don't understand but using all of my brain at once it made some sense :) I've always thought of buying a mic and micing up an amp, but I live with two noisy parents and 4 pets in a loud neighbourhood atm... maybe later in life?
Anyway, I've found the answer I've been looking for after a day of tweaking...
It was in the Amp's software. It turns out that there is a feature in the software to adjust the 'line out air feel' between Live, Rec, and Blend. Don't know what the difference is but I was using Blend, but Rec ends up sounding way better in playback (funny, seeing it's 'rec'). I thought this was only a feature on the higher end Katana 'Artist' amp, but seems like this model has it too, of sorts.
Thank you both for the help, I'll definitely look and see if there's anything else I can do to further improve my situation. Darryl, you've given me a lot of food for thought, and I appreciate that! :)
Although, think I'll stick with the amp. The Eleven stuff looks cool, but also unnecessary for what I want to do. Thank you though.