View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2020 with Mojave/reinstatement plan?

You should double check with Avid on what you get with surrendering your license. At some point, possibly with one of the middle iterations of Pro Tools 12, for the next Pro Tools 12 upgrade, they required surrendering of the license, but what you got back was a new license that was still authorized for Pro Tools 10/11/12 and which, to date, even with paying the yearly updates so that I can run Pro Tools 2020, the iLok authorization is still good for 10,11/12. (So I actually have my Macbook Pro partitioned, with Mojave on one partition and an earlier operating system on the smaller partition so that I can run Pro Tool 10 for instances where I have to open and convert an older project with SDII files.) I have a feeling that your case may result in a replacement that includes 10/11/12, but I'd absolutely suggest confirming that with Avid. In any case, I have an older Macbook Pro than yours (mid 2012, the last version pre the Retina) and I'm running Pro Tool 2020 on my Mojave partition with no issues, for whatever that's worth.