View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Another "Pro Tools crashing" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.Brownlee View Post
Well, I tried increasing my buffer size to maximum, decreased my bit depth, and played around with the disk cache size. All of this was to no avail. I tried starting a new session and importing session data from my previous one. All the data I was trying to import was a single horn line from EW Play, and five string instruments loaded into one instance of Kontakt. As soon as I imported one Kontakt line, the session became non-responsive and I had to start all over.

I tell ya, I'm about two degrees away from dumping Pro Tools and trying a different DAW altogether. I've poured a lot of money and effort into learning this thing over the last three years, and it continues to frustrate me at every turn due to bizarre system issues. I write a piece of music that I love, and then suddenly I can't get back into my session to do anything with it and I have to start all over from memory. Even the backups stop working.

sorry to rant...I'm just hoping someone has another solution to try.

Split the instruments in Kontakt to different tracks. It should decrease the amount of usage in an individual core and spread it among the others

I assume you have done all the standard optimizations?