View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 09:38 AM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
No, no, no no! That's how rich this whole thing is. The folks getting the shaft are the ones already paying the equivalent to the subscription fees already. The ones who are avoiding the fees altogether are left alone. That's right. The very customer sector they want to eliminate are the ones who could care less if a program they do not participate in gets hiked. The ones who are not realizing their perpetual benefits are already playing along are the ones getting it broke off in their back-sides.

Yes - If Avid gets their wish, Avid gains nothing at all. NOTHING. Unless, of course, the number of long term customers with perpetual licenses that decided to pay this new premium is greater than the number who get fed up and either jump ship or change their systems to perpetual.

They will lose some customers for even more bad will.

They will cause some customers not affected to become less trusting. (who gets targeted next? Better prepare.)

The also eliminate the only vanilla group with something to lose by jumping ship that is still paying an ongoing fee. The perpetual license is an up-front investment that vanilla subscribers do not have. It is a bigger emotional or theoretical tie than the simple $100 expense from this hike.

Avid themselves do not even WANT to end up with anyone paying this hike.

I'm incredulous. There might be some sort of benefit in some fairy-tale land of unicorns and sheet-cakes, but there is no financial reward. The fairy-tale land of unicorns and sheet-cakes might be what they are able to report quarterly. I'm just grasping at straws here. Why else does one trash their best and most loyal Vanilla customers?

It's absurd. I don't think that's what the board meant when they said to "make Logic irrelevant".

I was good with the $99 renewals. That’s cheaper than what Netflix is now. If they went up $20 or $30 that wouldn’t be bad but a $100!!! Increase. Nah just Nah.

After August 2020 I’m done renewing.

I really should of kept my $99 plus tax I paid to beat the increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro