View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Time to upgrade from my Mix3 systems... don't laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex64 View Post
Matt,

Thanks for your advice. I had been looking at Gsharp, appreciate your endorsement.

I currently own an Apogee Rosetta 800. Silent (no fans) and also sounds great. I’ve read ADC won’t work correctly with it, but I read the manual where it says to add offsets for different sample rates and it works fine. Comments?

Also, will PT10 allow me to run plug ins ITB, along with TDM on the cards, like PT5?

Thanks again,

Robert
I have extensive experience with the AD/DA 16’s , as well as the Rosetta 800, along with ProTools HD TDM systems. I had zero issues whatsoever with tracking, as well as hardware inserts.

In my opinion, if you have gone this long with the mix3 system, then I would certainly recommend that you continue with the inexpensive TDM cards at this point.

As far as I’m concerned now more than ever, is to take the sit back and wait approach to Avid as a company as a whole. I’m already feeling that I made a bad decision, after waiting so many years to get involved in the support plan.

My guess at this point, is that the overwhelmingly majority of the work you’re doing right now, is recording analog inputs. If I’m right, and considering that you’re coming from a Mix 3 system, then I strongly recommend you not consider anything beyond ProTools HD 10, and TDM cards.
15 years as PTHD User, Protools 2018 Ultimate, 24 Channel iCon D-Command, Avid Omni, Lynx Aurora 16, (2) BLA Modified 192 I/O’s, DigiPre, Way Too Many Outboard Compressors/EQ’s/ETC, where did all my money go????