View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 12:38 PM

Default Re: What is "Pro Tools First" Doing?

Because PT First is cloud based it will try to save to the cloud when you shut down which is the reason for the delay. On the top of the mix screen there is a up arrow that if you click it , it will start the cloud update/save and gives an indication when its finished uploading. There is also an arrow on each track so you can just upload anything that's changed, in fact the track arrows will only show if you HAVE CHANGED something.If you wait for it to finish upload it will close fairly quickly . Also I have found that if you shut PT down without doing a save beforehand you will sometimes get errors and failed uploads so that your work will be lost so best to upload before shut down. As for the screenshot you uploaded its called the Dashboard and full version of PT has the option to not load the dashboard on start up , I don't know if this option is available on PT First but it should be in one of the drop down menus if it can be deselected. As for how well the program works , I used it on a modest laptop for 6 months(MSI I5)with absolutely no issues prior to upgrading to PT Vanilla(Native). So take heart, it might take some effort on your part to learn its limits but its quite useable once you learn the basics.