View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 05:23 PM

Default Re: What Surround Bass Manager Do You Use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlypost View Post
I've never encountered plug-in management that would adequately address the intricacies of an acoustic space.

Slightly older high-end audiophile gear can get your system beautifully tuned if you know what to look for. I've been using an Anthem Statement D2 Processor preamp as my D/A interface (multichannel HDMI from PT) for several years. It has lovely converters and one of the most outstanding automatic surround calibration and room EQ systems I've ever heard. You can choose your bass parameters to complement your gear. I use a Bag End sub with full range fronts and surrounds (old ADS/Braun 910s and Bryston amps) and have taken theatrical films projected and mixed in my den to full-sized dub stages and first-run theaters in Westwood CA where they were nuts on.

You really can dial this stuff in if you're lucky enough to start with a room that's acoustically good (I have a gently pitched tongue-and-groove ceiling, diffused walls and adjacent spaces that trap and prevent bass build-up) or the dough to treat the problems.

Good luck.

I use also use an audiophile calibration system from audio control called Diva. Actually I got 2 to have the possibility to adjust 31 bands of eq to all channels.
If you dig you'll find a way to do it reasonably cost effective.

Cheeers