View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Default Pro Tools crashes on quit, doesn't work with Tascam Interface

To be quick about it, I am a lifelong cubase user. I decided to make the switch to Pro Tools. I purchased pro tools and was told it would work with my tascam interface. it did not. And this crappy program just crashed every time I tried to open and close the demo session.

So then I am told, no whoever said it would work with your tascam interface (that literally EVERYTHING else works with perfectly) but whoever told you that was wrong. You need to purchase an Mbox, it will work perfectly then. So I shelled out hundreds of dollars for another over priced piece of trash from this company. Bring it home and hook it up. Yes, now I am able to get audio in and out of pro tools. Woo hoo. That is the most basic function of it. And it still freezes and crashes EVERY TIME I CLOSE THE PROGRAM.

BUT that's not even what I'm mad. What I'm mad about is I purchased pro tools back in November. I am a student and I have not had a minute to sit down with this horrible mess and figure out what the problem is. So now I am on break and I am attempting to figure why the program crashes EVERY TIME I CLOSE IT. I figured surely after spending $1000 for software and a totally basic interface that avid would provide SOME sort of support and be able to help me figure this out. NOPE! They want me to PAY MORE MONEY to ask them why their crappy program crashes every time i use it. Unbelievable.

I have never hated a company so much in all my life. If anyone has any idea why this would be happening please let me know. My next step is to go into their offices in person. I WILL NOT spend $1000 on something that doesn't work and has no warranty or support. And if I am unable to get answers out of them they will not stop hearing from me until they respond. If any admins see this please contact me. No, I do not have a support code. And I'm not paying to talk to someone about something that I spent $1000 on and it crashes.

I am so unbelievably angry right now.

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 04-06-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Subject updated from "new user, i seriously HATE this company" to reflect symptoms encountered.