View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 04:01 PM

Default Re: I am having a problem with recording with my set-up.

Hi again, no worries, we are here to help eachother and exchange knowledge

So .. If this is your budget and can't do an SSD drive for OS tasks then I would say that those drives will work as advertized.

I am not trying to make you feel bad or anything like that when we talk budgets and prices, just that for less than $40
you get a super awesome SSD which are the future, fast reliable and you can do MANY MANY things at once without a hiccup so please don't take it the wrong way, I feel for what you been thru and respect that you need to tighten up somewhere but "maybe" getting a really good SSD and maybe skimp on something else this month could work?

We use those WDC Black 1-3 TB drives as backups here in our big studio aswell as at home, so does many members here too as they are really fast and reliable so that one is proven to be superb!

Regarding the 2.5" drive I have never used one but looking at the specs it's 7200rpm, normal cache size 32MB, 64MB would be better but not gonna kill you.

So yes, again, if you feel you can't swing for the Samsung SSD drive :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-372-_-Product

Or bigger although this one will smoke the 7200rpm spinners all day long then go for the ones you linked to.

None of ushere can say that you will have a superstar system as all computers seem to have their own life these days (one member canhave everything working on his setup while another member who has the same system have problems) but looking at these links I can't see anything that will cause you more trouble than you already have, quite opposite.

Make sure you format both drives Mac OSX Journaled Extended before usage and all the optimizations posted here :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

When you have installed and tried the new system out let us know if you have any issues, if you want to PM me or email me with questions if you need quick assistance my info is under the profile but try here first as others who read this might be helped aswell from our findings

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————