View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Why yes, this is the successful Hackintosh build thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Not really much more time than I'd spend on any other brand new system. I always do a fresh reformat on any new system, and component build only took about 2 hours. It was also my day off.

There is no Xeon Quad that even comes close to this system. Any Mac Pro that can be had for less than $1500 right now is too old for the next generation of OS and other future softwares that will be out by the end of this year.

Well, any Mac Pro takes exactly 0 time to build.

Check the used market, the very Mac Pros you are trying so hard to reach/surpass on your benchmarks are available for less than $1500.
And mind you, that's only a processor benchmark. There is nothing out there for the same $$ that come close to the design of the Mac Pro.
Dual processor, ECC memory, case design, HD bays ...... just a few of the features that are not available in a PC design. Not unless you spend a lot more money.
And even if you did match the features, tech, and elegant design ..... well, you're still left with an unsupported, untrustworthy and possibly illegal hack.

You like to spend your time building/tweaking. I get it, and that's cool.
If you're into it, go for it.
But for the pro market, it's just not worth the hassle, time or possible legal issues. No client will put up with the pitfalls.

kasper