View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 05:08 AM

Default Field Recorder Matching Channels Resulting in Wrong Channel Name

I just received an AAF from premiere which opened ok. Its not the first Premiere AAF I'm working with and I am used to having all field recorder tracks channel names set to "MixL" (or to whatever the field recordists set their first tracks name to) by default and then to manually match each clip I want to have with the correct channel name on. (Just in case that wasn't clear: I receive a timeline with lets say six tracks of a recording, all channel names showing "MixL"; if I want to make sure I really selected the boom-track, I right-click one of the tracks, select the track named "boom" from the field recorder match menu, and this way work my way through a session.)

My problem today is that the AAF/session I received not only shows the usual "all channels named the same" phenomenon, but additionally does not show any different channel names for the matching field recorder tracks it offered. They also all show "MixL" only under channel name. I am linking to the original production sound files that show correct channel names in Soundminer, WaveAgent etc. Is there any way to change this behaviour?

Working on Ultimate 2018-7 right now.

Thanks!