View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 12:00 PM

Default How can you penalize who helped you grow?

In a sad mood I come to this forum to express my disbelief

I, like many others, have been a Digidesign costumer since the first days of Sound Tolls, cruising with some revolutionary technology, being one step ahead when only a few believed, paying the prices, sometimes only monetary and some other times being an unpaid beta tester. It has been a long journey but all good so far
Now.... I doubt if I have gone too far the past year has been a kind of a bumpy ride... too many upgrades in so little time and too many dollars for not that many advances, HD came about as the step ahead so much needed, promising a new level of sound quality..partially granted.. the new line of interfaces made a big difference but the higher sample rates fell a little short considering that for a full blown production done all in PT at 192k still is nothing but a dream.
I am fortunate to say that I have made music and money those last 15 years with the help of Digidesign, It is like a relationship, in this case longer then my two marriages put together (without sex) and I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe the divorce is the only solution.
I don't want to get ahead of myself...
My point here is:
How can I get penalized with top prices for every upgrade if I'm among the ones that helped this great company grow?
How can I get penalized for jumping into something that we will find out together how stable it is?
How can i get penalized for always buying it when there is still doubt in the air?
How can I get penalized, in my view, for being a great costumer?
How can Digi charge more for the same upgrade just due to the date purchased?
It does not sound right to me and I bet it doesn't sound any better to most of you.
I hope I'm only a fraction of a very small minority among Protools users, otherwise Digi is in for some tough times.
Peace,
Marcello Azevedo