View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Popping and Crackling - the next thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Run LatencyMon and see what might be causing your issues. I've been experiencing random crackling with 2020.3 and the latest Windows Update. I've uninstalled the plug-ins I've never used, made sure iLok and Waves and whatever else needed to be was updated and done the Trasher/Preferences dance. There is/has been a latency/pops and crackles issue with audio - not just Pro Tools - for a while. You can search for the issue(s) and solutions, such as they are.
Ah! Yes. Good point! Will check LatencyMon - and yeah, cleaning out some unused plugins is always worth doing, no matter what. Forgot that one. Thanks for bringing back to mind!

PS: You guys are awesome. Very nice and active community! Take care and stay safe!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 10/20 Core(s) - 64 GB Ram - ASUS Mainboard X99-E WS/USB 3.1 (LGA 2011-v3) - Most hard drives SSD - AVID Pro Tools (Native) - AVID Media Composer Ultimate - AVID Eucon artist series - RME UFX audio interface with integrated Midi interface - ADAM Audio - HEDD audio - Brauner - Klark - Scheps - Neumann - Furmann - Sennheiser ...