View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Control won't connect - what am I missing?

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that I found a solution to my issues anyway. I don't know if this was covered in the manuals, and if so I missed it but, my issue lies with the network switch being employed. The studio computer (in one room) was being tied together with other media composition tools via an 8-port network switch, which was then tied into the 2.4GHz wireless router that was an included part of a modem that was in another room in the building.

So the chain was Mac -> Switch -> Wireless Router (@ 2.4GHz).

When that was revised to have the Mac plug directly into the Wireless Router (removing the switch from the chain), my iPad would populate the control app with all the faders/meters/etc.

Maybe that's what they meant when Avid says on YouTube and in the manual that the devices need to be "on the same network" but I didn't interpret having any intermediate networking equipment as the devices appearing on "different networks".

That being said, I still did purchase a newer wireless router that broadcasts two signals (one at 2.4 and one 5) and made sure the Mac and iPad were both on that device and it seems to be rock solid. It was unnecessary given my testing but now the chain is: Mac -> 2.4/5GHz Wireless Router -> Modem/2.4GHz Wireless Router.

Hopefully this long winded post will help someone else in the future.
Pro Tools Ultimate | Thunderbolt Native | HD I/O 16x16 Analog | UAD Octo Satellite
API | Chandler Ltd. | A-Designs | Avedis | Kush | Focusrite | dbx
NI Komplete Kontrol S88 | Icon Platform M+ | iPad Air 2 Control | NS-10's