View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 12:17 PM

Default Plugin Alliance E & G channel issue

While demoing the Plugin Alliance SSL branded E & G channels I ran into a problem. With the plugins on an insert say I make a change to the state of button; for instance I change the eq from say black to brown or I change the compressor model from the E to the G or vice versa. The buttons change state no problem. Where I have a problem is if I have the PT session playing and I hit the spacebar to stop. If I want to go back to the beginning I hit the return key. Session stops but the buttons I made changes to revert back to the state they were previously in. Cycling the return key changes the knob states back and forth. Sometimes this happens with the knobs as well.

To check my sanity and to see whether this is due to this being beta s/w I insert the original E channel and it does the same thing. Never really noticed it before but either way this ain't good. Also does the same thing if I host the channel strips in Patchwork with either the vst or au versions.

Near as I can figure out this only happens with the channel strips and none of the other bx branded plugins. Anybody run into this?

One way I've found to stop this is to change focus from the channel strip gui to say the PT edit window and then go back to the plugin gui. That's a pain as is having to hit the return to start key.

Running PT11.3.2 in OSX 10.10.5 I've looked in the manual and there doesn't appear to be another shortcut key to return to the beginning of the session. Or a way to change the current key assignment. It's like the plugins are stealing the return key in certain situations.

QAPLA!