View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Default Protools 9 Unable to Locate Hardware

Hi, I just bought Protools 9 (LE Crossgrade) today, I registered the software to my account, registered the iLok, and installed the software on my Windows 7 (64 bit) PC - everything installed fine...but just as Protools 9 was about to open, I got a message "Unable to locate hardware, make sure your hardware is connected and then click 'ok' "? So basically Protools 9 is asking me for Avid/Dididesign hardware again (even with version 9)?

I was the owner of an Mbox 2 mini, but I just sold it a few days ago to someone who didnt need the licence, so that way l could keep my Protools 8 licence and buy the crossgrade.

The main reason I bought Protools 9, was that I read in all the music technology magazines said that you can use it with any audio interface...and I just wanted to use it with the soundcard inside my PC. My internal soundcard is installed and working in device manager.

I have just spent a lot of money on this software, but now I cant even use it...

I thought that when installing Protools- it only asked you for Avid/Digidesign hardware in versions 8, and not version 9 also?

Can anyone help?