View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 08:11 PM

Default Re: New track naming

@BScout you are right. Creating blank tracks creates the names in the manner that I am looking for. However using track presets it does not. The way my post mixing template is setup I either use track presets to create all of the working tracks I will need for that particular project with routing etc already set, or I have 1 track in the template that I duplicate multiple times, but the track names are worse doing it that way. I can't think of another way of having a base template that I can expand to suit the needs of different projects all with the same routing without using track presets. Guess for now I have to continue making an extra track then deleting the first one.

The other annoying thing with track preset naming is that if you create 10 tracks, they are labeled blank then 1 - 9, then if you create 10 more they are created in reverse order, so you end up with 19 counting back down to 10. That doesn't make any sense to me at all. It's like it's creating each track and inserting it above the last new track instead of below. New blank tracks do not have this behavior either.

Avid, please make Track Preset naming work the way that Blank new tracks work.
Thanks

Thanks