View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Best Tablets for the Avid S1 & Dock

I went down this rabbit hole late last year when I got my hands on my S1 to pair with my Dock. I have an Ipad 10.5" on my dock so when I got the S1 I wanted to maximize dollar savings and went with the galaxy Tab A. The latency and lag was so bad that I could not make it work. Literally meters freezing on screen. I did post on this and if you search my posts you can see replies from Eddie etc. They used the Tab A and said it was fine but for me it was a total disaster. The first comments were your network (wrong), then OS, etc etc etc. What it really came down to is that with a Tab A its a super low end tablet and the performance showed. I did a LOT of research and people really complained about the networking aspect of it being super freking slow. Thank god I bought from Costco. I returned it and picked up the cheapest 32gb Ipad and its been flawless since. I suspect as many have postulated that in a cheap tablet they cut a lot of corners and the networking is one. You dont have to spend a ton of money but I would NOT recommend a Tab A. I ended up spending about 100 more for the ipad (on sale) and it was night and day and has been flawless since. I wanted to love the Tab A. It looked beautiful but in the end it was a performance dog. For me I hate sounding like an Apple Fan Boi but they really are the better tablet for the job. As always YMMV.