View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Instrument Track Default MIDI Input Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanman555 View Post
This is kind of a two part question regarding using an Instrument Track in Pro Tools. I am using 11.3.1 but I believe this would be the case for many other current versions.

When I create a new instrument track, the view shows the input as "All" and the output assigns properly to the virtual instrument plugin I have assigned to that track. In the MIDI Studio Setup I have created devices, and I can select these devices as inputs on the instrument track. My question regarding this is, how to I set the default input to one of my midi devices and not "All"?

My second question is when a midi input is set to "all", and I record midi, I get duplicate notes. However, if I assign the input to one of my preset midi devices, I do not get the duplicate notes. Why does this happen and is there a way to have an instrument tracks input set to "all" and not have duplicate notes?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
To answer your first question - can't be done that I can see. Of course you could make a PT session template and work from that.

Second question is a little more complicated and needs some info from you. You talk about 'MIDI devices' - what exactly do you mean - external sound modules, external keyboards? And how is everything connected? If it's standard 5 pin MIDI and you have both the in & out connectors connected you could be dealing with MIDI echo. To cure that go into the setup of each keyboard and turn off 'local on' in it's MIDI setup. Don't do this in OSX but inside each connected keyboard.

MIDI issues can be difficult to fix but not impossible.

QAPLA!