View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools PC for post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
As an alternate perspective on this:

I very recently purchased a Z77x-UP5-TH motherboard & i7 3770K CPU (+ 16Gb RAM) which I believe is the motherboard & cpu combo for 'The Pro Tools PC' and I'm having a total DPC latency nightmare with it.

Right now, I very much wish I'd paid up for 'the PT PC' as it's clear it's not just the parts but also the config that goes toward tested & guaranteed performance with Pro Tools. Neil & Rain are to be applauded for the idea of providing a known good, will work, solution for PC Pro Tools users that is also suitable for running a certain alternate OS if required.

Mike, I look forward to your review. In the meantime, give that machine hell!

DPC latency can be the fault of some components in the system. To find them out takes some time but eventually can get solved. I had a problem with that in the past and it turned out that the BIOS on the MB was the culprit. Flashing it to an updated version cured the problem. Other timeas are the graphics drivers, it can be many sources.

Anyway, I too look forward to the results of the test. Itīs always interesting to check solutions for a good working system, be it OSX or WIN.

To be honest, I work with both MAC and WIN and for me both are fine. Of course in the MAC front, you pay the price for the trends as well

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3