View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 04:29 PM

Default Compatibility - Pre-USB w/ 10.5.1 drivers on OS 10.5.2

I'll post this here and see if anybody sees it....

I have just gone from a MacMini with PTMPv7.4 (don't ask what build/version) running fine on 10.4 to a MacPro with Leopard and have already updated to 10.5.2, never had a chance to get 10.5.1.

My interface is a Mobile Pre-USB. Besides using the Pre-USB for audio input, I've also been using it for system audio output (iTunes, QuickTime, etc.).

I did a "Migration Assistant" drill when setting up the MacPro, which brought over ProTools, which appeared to be running fine in this environment despite not being qualified yet for 10.5.2.

However, it appears that the Pre-USB may have been causing some problems with the OS, which manifest as problems for the computer going into or coming out of sleep mode. This happened even when ProTools had not been running -- because I was using the PreUSB for system audio out.

The Mac Genius I spent an hour with today suspects that the "sleep" problems stem from the Pre-USB or its drivers (or both combined) and he advised against even bothering with the 10.5.1 driver update that is available from Digi.

I imagine that the driver that came over with the "Migration Assistant" is of course a 10.4.x driver, since that's what PT was running on the Mini. So it makes sense that there would be a conflict with any version of 10.5.

So, the question is: how compatible is the 10.5.1 driver for the Pre-USB with the 10.5.2 OS? Anybody have any idea? I'm reasonably certain that it's going to be more compatible than the 10.4.x driver, but... is it compatible enough to not cause the problems I've had with "sleep" mode?

And.... how long after 10.5.1 came out did it take Digi to get around to qualifying it? By which I mean.... how much longer for the 10.5.2 version?

--PS