View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Default Re: OMNI Fried? Calling Omni Members - Check High Samplerates

I have something kinda similar going on with my Omni on my HD3 cards at home. I haven't tried playing with sample rates higher than 48k, but sometimes the left output channel exhibits an unidentifiable distortion on playback. I haven't been able to reproduce it when I want to, it just tends to pop up randomly during sessions. I mostly use that rig for mixing, and all of a sudden I'll start to hear what sounds like bus overload distortion that is primarily coming from the left speaker during playback. When it first started happening I spent a lot of time solo'ing tracking thinking I had a bad region somewhere, but when it started popping up on other sessions in random, non reproducible spots I started suspecting something in the hardware chain.

I had planned to spend a day troubleshooting it at some point, but unfortunately I haven't had a day off in months in order to do so. I don't know if our 2 problems are related but I'll try your higher sample rate test this weekend if I can and see if I get the same results.