View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 and Apple IOS

OK, Thanks for the reply and forgive my lack of correct jargon. Let me re-state... I am currently running El Capitan 10.11.6 as the operating system for my 2015 Macbook pro and am using pro tools 12 to record audio. In the past, I have run into compatibility issues with PT and new operating systems, and have received confusing and frequently conflicting answers from Apple AND AVID as to whether or not I can upgrade my computer operating system and still run PT 12. I purchased PT12 before it went on the subscription basis. As a result, I have not upgraded my computer operating system. It has now reached the point where I will need to upgrade the OS in order for the computer to remain useful, but I am concerned about loosing the ability to use PT 12.

I did take a look at the compatibility list, but that info is from 2017, so before I'm jumping to a new OS, I want to confirm compatibility. It seems like AVID would be the folks to know this, but there is no way to talk with An avid tech without buying a $39.00 help session.

A new computer is in my future, but I'm waiting for Apple to drop the M-1 Chip into the 16" macbook pro before I buy. As an independent artist/producer and in the midst of the current situation, I do not have the resources to buy something that will be out of date in a few months. Thanks for any info you can share.