View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 07:30 PM

Default Not in love with Protools 12

First let me thank Jack on this forum (Thanks Jack!) for telling me about Carbon Copy Cloner. Thanks to you I saved my projects that I had done in 11 all on an external hard drive clone PRIOR to upgrading to Protools 12 and High Sierra on the main drive.

Now I'm scratching my head asking myself, why didn't I just keep everything in 11 and forget about 12. It's been a complete and utter headache to deal with. Can't get Real Guitar working. I ended up just rebooting onto the external clone and I'm working from there.

Warning!!!! Before upgrading to anything, please make sure you keep a backup like I did of all of your files and older version of Protools and whatever else you need in case you have to revert back to the earlier version.

You just will not know what to expect in the newer version of Protools or updated Mac OS until you've made the change.

I'm tired of all the issues. I just want to write music without any technical problems wasting so much of my time. I'm guessing there may be a few of you who are reading this who can relate to what I'm saying....

Thank you again Jack!!!!

Lisa:)