View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Oh Freedom! Live Mix Project

The basic format of the show is a series of songs with narrative introductions. I'm wondering if I should break the show (run time about 68 minutes) into segments based on each section, or if I should run the entire performance as a single session. I'll need to make significant automation, EQ and FX change each song and have not dealt with such a long and complex session in the past but I don't know if breaking things up will be a help or a hinderance in the long run. Any thoughts on that?

My next issue, obviously, will be mic bleed. I've only just begun but there was so much going on live that I'm attempting to isolate the various tracks as much as possible by focussing on the DI signals rather than attempting to use much of the the KM 184's on guitars. Once I add in the various Choir mics (7 channels in all) there will tons of bleed regardless. I'm hoping I can use EQ and FX to make it manageable.

Needless to say, I'm going to have many many more questions in the weeks the that follow and will appreciate all your feedback. Thanks in advance!