View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Accel Cards next to other PCIe Audio Cards in the same Mac Pro for PT 10+11?

Given the lack of response, I suggest actually doing it on a single system to see if it will work. Most of us here have either decided to stay at 1-HD and keep using the old hardware, OR, have made the move to newer systems. The key to experimenting(and I am all for it) is to always have a good backup plan. For me, that would be to pull the system drive and pop in a fresh drive, load up your dual-boot OSX versions, install some cards and give it a run. If it were me, I would probably update 1 system at a time to either HDX or HD/Native(PCIe) and move things ahead

Given the number of slots in the Mac Pro, would I be correct in guessing you have HD1 or HD2? From my experience with HD3, a native-based system with decent cpu and RAM may turn better performance than HD1 or HD2(indeed, I had projects choke my friend's HD3 rig that ran with ease on my native rig)

BTW, your old IO boxes will likely work dandy with HD/Native cards(my current setup uses a pair of HD IO boxes and an older 192 for extra IO and hardware inserts).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave