Thread: A Setting? Ram?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 08:10 AM

Default Re: A Setting? Ram?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfearr View Post
I've released music in the last 18 months. Some of the track counts went as high as 80 with compression and eq on every track and more on others. Here lately, without having made any changes in ny system, and using as little as 12 tracks, I'm getting that error message that tells you that you can get started again if you get rid of some plug-ins. Granted, it's only 8 gb of Ram and a Pentium i-5, it did the job with my record and its high track counts with lots of plug-ins. Is there a setting I could have touched that would cause the issue? Any ideas?

Hi,

Have you added any new plugins into your arsenal? some of the newer plugs can be very heavy on CPU

Are you mixing heavy cpu plugins on the same track? this can cause CPU overloads and error messages!

Do your previous 80 track mix sessions still open and run ok? and are you using the same playback settings?

Have you changed anything else since running bigger sessions?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.