View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:45 PM

Default How to install new pending license on ilok(HD7.4 to HD8)

Hello,

I finally purchased(for the second time) the PT HD7.4 Upgrade(includes free HD8). I had done the HD7.4 Upgrade years back before the free HD8 amnesty offer.

So here's my question; I've gone ahead and partitioned my hard drive with PT HD7.4.2 on one partition and I will be installing PT HD8 on the "cloned" partition. After making the transaction on the Avid store earlier, I went to ilok.com and see that I have "pending" licenses which need to be installed on my ilok. Now here's what I don't understand; my ilok already contains licenses for PT HD 7 and a bundle with both PT HD7.3 and HD 7.4. Now I have a newly purchased license/s for another bundle for PT HD7.3 and HD7.4(am awaiting Avid support to send me info on my free upgrade to PT HD8).

So I attempted to install the new pending bundle(PT HD7.3 and PT HD7.4) licenses on my ilok but the ilok.com message says this will replace the existing PT HD7.3 and HD7.4 licenses.

I felt unsure of this, since I already have PT HD7.4.2 running fine on it's partition and really just want to install PT HD8 on the other partition. I don't want to mistakingly forfeit a license/s I may need.

Anyone explain this process to me?

Thanks in advance!