View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Default Re: No sound in Playback

Issue resolved! dae error 9060 windows7

Hp windows7 sp1 1.65Ghz, 4 g RAM. ProTools Se 8.0.3 I resolved the error message as well as playback distortions by doing these things. First disable power management settings such as sleep mode, HD to sleep, ect. Follow the steps listed in the FAQ/trouble shooting guide about optimizing windows. you may need to disable Norton A/V and the Norton firewall.(right click icon in system tray) You may need to disconnect your wi-fi, although I didn't find it necessary. Next is to run the compatability issue feature. (right click Pro tools icon on the desktop, select trouble shoot compatibilities, and let windows select best settings. probably will be windows xp sp2. it will ask if settings worked. keep that window open for now, don't select anything yet.) Pro Tools will open, windows will ask permission to make changes select yes. Now set up your Pro tools preferences. File-preferences- //audio tab -should list fast track, and select for recording or performing.// control surfaces- if you have a midi keyboard select in drop down, otherwise none.// session tab- sample rate 44.1 kHz, bit rate 24-bit. Then check the latency rate (right click on avid icon in system tray, open m audio control panel- mine is set to 128. if you experience lag or popping ajust the buffer higher. If these settings worked, then select save settings in the compatibility issue window that we ignored earlier. When you open Pro Tools now, the user account control window will ask- Do you want program to make changes? click yes, Pro Tools now thinks you are running xp. Its a major pain to set up, but it is definately worth it. The issues are definately windows7 related. I used this program for a year on my old machince running xp without any problems. I hope this helped.