View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:27 AM

Default Re: MTRX D-A Output Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki View Post
Hello all. I'm fairly new to MTRX but no stranger to PT.

I have a -20 DBfs tone coming out of PT. Previously, With my HD I/O, when feeding VU meters this would equal 0 VU.

In Dadman, I have setup a metering output as part of my monitor profile. When feeding the same set of VU meters with -20, I need to push up the D-A outputs feeding the meters by +18 to get to 0VU.

That seems like an awful lot. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi laki,

The HD IO is specified to have an output level of +4dBu at -18 dBFS.

The output level on the MTRX D/A faders refers to 0 dBFS, not -18 dBFS. This means you must set the faders to +22 dBu (18 dB above +4 dBu) in order to get the same output level as on the HD IO.

My guess is that you have started off by setting the MTRX D/A faders to +4 dBu as that is the HD IO spec, which will give you an output that is 18 dB lower than the HD IO. And don't worry, you're not the only who has done that.

As Bscout also suggest, make sure you haven't set any output trim in the monitor profile. And also make sure you have selected the "pre-fader" option for the meter output, and not "post-fader". The pre/post-fader setting determines whether the meter output level is affected by your volume control.