View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio with HDX/HD Native on Yosemite/later Mac OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
My Bad then Stein,

But let me understand.

You can have Pro tools HD software open with playback engine HD Driver, and have the audio midi setup using the same hardware for you using listen Spotify, Soundminer, iTunes, etc...
Is that it?
Yes, with Pro Tools 12.5.2 and the new HD Driver 12.7.1.

Quote:
Or you're using the Pro tools aggregate device where the HD Driver is there and in the Pro tools you can select that aggregate device and use all those app at the same time?
No, I don't use aggregate devices in my normal workflow.

Like you, I´ve been going digital from the mac to to the Omni interface in order to monitor offline. This works great on the Omni interface since it has that feature. However, I also have a HDX system with 192´s, which doesn't have that feature. In order to monitor Spotify, I have to use an aux input in Pro Tools. This is workable, but it would be so much more convenient if Spotify (or any other app) and Pro Tools could share the same physical output.

I guess it could be argued that this is some sort of safety net which stops other apps from interfering with what's coming from Pro Tools. But it would be nice to have a choice .

Stein Tore