Thread: Xmon Question
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Xmon Question

Ok, took all the advice, thanks very much by the way. Side note, I am so glad I hung on to all my old DB25 cables, because you need a bunch of them!!!!! So much I/O waisted to accomodate Surround, anyway, I digress.

Now on to another issue I'm having, and this one is really strange. I have a Sub in my studio. I setup all the Monitors as I always have.

Main Ourtput D-Sub 1 & 5 cables, for L/R from Xmon, out to my Sub L/R In, L/R Out of my Sub to my Main Pair of Studio Monitors. Studio Monitors are working fine, but now, no Sub, at all. I unplug either the L or the R input to the Sub, the Sub kicks in. It does the same regardless if I unplug on of the two inputs coming from the Xmon to the Sub, or either one of the Sub Outputs that feed the Studio Monitors. There is no way this is all of a sudden an Issue with my Sub, its brand new and the odds are its working fine.

It acts as if I'm getting Phase Cancelation.

Any ideas?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp

Last edited by Barry Johns; 12-17-2016 at 08:38 PM.