View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Avid

Default Re: Cloud Collaboration cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Well Tom, credit where credit's due .... The cloud collab functionality as shown in the blog videos is very impressive.

While I don't think I'll be a big user of it, I can certainly see that Avid has put a lot of thought into how to make this a genuinely viable workflow for people that need it. I can see one element of my workflow where this could be very useful, i.e. to allow an assistant to work on edits and comping while I continue tracking.

My main concern is what the effect of this major new feature set might be on the general stability of PT, especially as many of us continue to encounter a less than robust product as it is. And, of course, what impact correcting any issues with this new flagship functionality might have on the timsescales for fixing outstanding issues with the current (pre collab) feature set.

Nevertheless though, well done so far for coming up with a collab feature set that actually seems well thought out.

One question that does come to mind, given that we are limited to two additional collaborators .... Will it be possible, once a collaborator has competed his/her work, to 'delist' that collaborator, thereby opening up a slot for another collaborator to be added?
Thanks Nigel… I hope you get a chance to check out 12.5 in action when it ships. I have to say - the using it is a lot of fun and manages all the complex tweaks people like to do (after they've sent you something)!

Some might not know, but a trick to keep another version of Pro Tools side by side on Mac is to change the name of the app to say 'Pro Tools 12.4' and then 12.5 will install in addition to the old version. That way if you are concerned about stability - you can easily run either one without rebooting.

So yes - you can 'delist' a current collaborator and then invite a new one. And or - a person can leave as a collaborator on their own.

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/