View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Here are the important updates since 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
I just wish they’d use these subscription dollars to re-write this damn app from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sadly would be the best way to guarantee more instability. I doubt Avid lacks the engineering organization skills/depth to do that, and I'd hope they not try. They can't even ship a Avid Link or Cloud collaboration stuff that works, and OK that may be out of very different groups, but it highlights there are still deep engineering/product management organizational problems.

Classic innovators dilemma. Very easy to spend a lot of time frittering around the edges, and not really going anywhere significant... and on the other hand very hard to kill your baby.

So priority one for me: keep stability over everything else, get working down a priority list of enhancements but do not sacrifice stability. Hopefully with lots of the CPU stability improvements in 2019.x more (skilled/core) developers will be free to work on other improvements. I hope they don't end up spending all their time fixing Avid Link and cloud crap.