View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Default Re: looking for a digital audio desk to run with Pro Tools 2018.7

Sorry it’s taken a day or so to reply...... coffee got spilt over my MBP and now I have to take it into the Apple shop. It’s still running but the Touch Bar seems to have shorted... so advised not to use it until they see it. Looks like that Apple Care thingy was a good investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
I checked and yes, you can insert an effect on all 6 of the stereo aux busses giving a total of 8 independent FX busses and processors. You can have 8 plate reverbs all with different settings if you want. Or you can have any other combination of effects that you want. Each effect insert has the exact same list of FX to choose from.
I’m liking more this console with every breaking day. I’ll be having play with this idea today. Thanks for sharing this as I didn’t know you could access the onboard effects in this way.

Quote:
My only real gripe with the TF series is the way the FX mute operates. First, there should be an option with each effect processor that determines whether or not it follows the FX mute. Second, I wish the FX mute worked on the send to the FX processor instead of on the return.
Hmmmm actually I was thinking you could, but then again I have read so many freak’n manuals over the last several weeks including the complete Pro Tools set that I’m struggling to remember where that idea may have come from....

Quote:
Other than that we could do with a few more effects like a suboctave synth, exciter, de-esser, and some rat-like distortion.
They are continually doing RD on the TF series, so here’s hoping more features and effects will be added. I’m not sure if there is a place they take requests for issues like you have raised regarding FX mute, seems to me would be an easy software fix.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————