View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Codec error on video import

Hello all I seem to be having the same issue.
I am using PT 11.3.1, and a MacPro6,1 running OS 10.10.5. And I have tried manually uninstalling PT twice, and reinstalling it, as well as reinstalling the AVID codec's both from the instal disk and from a download directly from AVID's website. I have tried using both PT Aggregate IO and my audio interface "Saffire". Incase it is relevant the GPU's are AMD FirePro D300 and 16GB of ram. And every time I have tried to install one of multiple supposedly supported formats (according to avid's website/documentation the video formats/codecs I used are supported) I continually get the same error. "Unable to link to file "file name.mov" due to either a missing CODEC or the file may be unsupported." Is there a place that the codecs should be (I noticed some mentions of removing files from /library/application support/avid/AVX2_Plug-ins/AMA. I don't have any file here. Is that wrong)? Any other ideas what may be going on with my system? I have never installed Media Composer, but I do have Adobe's CC and CS6 installed on my system. Thanks you all for your assistance.
Edit 10.16.2015: After calling AVID tech support, everything started magically working again as soon as I started talking with them, so... problem resolved? Maybe there was no issue, and I was just foolish and didn't transcode the video properly, IDK.

Last edited by falcowe; 10-16-2015 at 08:31 PM.