Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE USING THIS SITE
In order to register and post messages on any one of the Avid Community Forums you agree to abide by the rules below. These rules are contained in the Avid Forums Rules required during the forum registration process.
Considering the real-time nature of the Avid Forums, it is impossible for Avid to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
Although Avid does not and cannot review all messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete part or all of any message, and the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread if the poster violates the Avid Conduct Guidelines
Avid Conduct Guidelines
Thank you for participating in our community websites. The purpose of these community websites is to share your experience and knowledge of Avid products with other users. To ensure a pleasant experience for all our users, we ask that you follow the code of conduct guidelines outlined below:
All Posted Information is Public
- You will not post anything on the Site that violates the intellectual property rights of others, including any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, or moral rights. If you believe that any Posted Information infringes your copyrights, you may provide a notification of claimed copyright infringement to Avid's Designated Agent for copyright complaints. Please see our Copyright Complaint Policy for further information.
- Do not swear or insult others. Do not type in capital letters to attract attention. Do not post criticisms or comments directed to another person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or comparable characteristic.
- Avid prohibits the posting of any unsolicited chain letters or "spam", or any threatening, harassing, libelous, false, defamatory, offensive, obscene, or pornographic material, or other material that would violate any applicable law or regulation, including but not limited to any federal or state laws or regulations governing equal employment opportunities. Avid also prohibits petitions and polling the community in any manner.
- You may not post or transmit to the Site any advertising, surveys, promotional materials, contests, or any other commercial or non-commercial solicitations.
- You are also prohibited from impersonating any individual. Member accounts must be opened using real email addresses and other requested information.
- By participating, you are deemed to grant to Avid a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license (with rights to sublicense) to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such User Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such User Feedback.
- You will not post serial numbers, activation keys, iLok, "cracks", or any other information intended for software piracy or unlicensed use of software. Any and all discussion involving illegal software is not allowed; whether the discussion is for, against, or anywhere in between.
- You will not impersonate any other person, or submit false or inaccurate information about yourself. Your account registration must contain complete and accurate information, including a valid email address.
- You will not post any threatening, harassing, libelous, false, misleading, defamatory, offensive, obscene, or pornographic material, or any material that would violate any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not post multiple identical postings in the same forum or more than one forum to solicit a response as this may be considered spam and removed.
- You also will not post any advertising, surveys, promotional materials, contests, or any other form of solicitation except in areas specifically designated for such purposes.
- Avid also reserves the right to reveal your identity or other known information in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- Avid reserves the right to remove posts or restrict the posting privileges of individuals that exhibit a clear agenda designed to slander, insult, or otherwise undermine Avid, its employees, our development partners, or any other company or individual.
AVID has reserved certain portions of the Site to permit registered users to post materials or information, including but not limited to personal information, user demonstration reels or other sample materials, graphics, images, opinions, comments, conversations or questions ("Posted Information"). AVID has provided those special sections as a service to its customers and the media community with the intent of making Posted Information publicly available to anyone who wishes to view it.
AVID is not involved in any transactions between the users who submit Posted Information, and the users who view or use such information. Without limiting the generality of foregoing, AVID is not responsible for any employment, hiring, purchase, lease, rent, or any other decisions whatsoever made by any person or entity with regard to the Posted Information contained in the Site.
In addition, please note that AVID cannot confirm that anyone is who they say they are. You assume all risks relating to any dealings you may undertake with anyone you encounter through the Site.