Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   PT 10.1 crashing when changing I/O settings. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314561)

sretepmada 12-30-2011 12:14 PM

PT 10.1 crashing when changing I/O settings.

Everytime I try and change my I/O settings and then save, 10.1 crashes..anyone experiencing this?

Am using 10.1 on a mac with hdx card + omni interface.

crizdee 12-30-2011 02:05 PM

Re: PT 10.1 crashing when changing I/O settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sretepmada (Post 1883592)
Everytime I try and change my I/O settings and then save, 10.1 crashes..anyone experiencing this?

Am using 10.1 on a mac with hdx card + omni interface.

Hi,

What computer?
What version of the OS?
Did you have a version of PT installed previously?

Chris

sretepmada 12-30-2011 03:01 PM

I sorted it with pt support. v helpful. it seems that 10.1 crashes if the outputs are not assigned correctly in the I/O set up box. All good now. HDX working great, no probs.

crizdee 12-31-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sretepmada (Post 1883643)
it seems that 10.1 crashes if the outputs are not assigned correctly in the I/O set up box.

Let me get this right! An incorrectly assigned output will cause a crash:eek:

Chris

panamajack 12-31-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sretepmada (Post 1883643)
...it seems that 10.1 crashes if the outputs are not assigned correctly in the I/O set up box. All good now. HDX working great, no probs.

All good now? No problems?

Seems like a popup stating something like, "Unsupported I/O option!" or "Nice try, but no cigar!" would be preferable. Maybe even slightly more graceful.

Jedi mind games: "You just spent a fortune, ignore this minor defect, you will not object to these crashes."

Or in the infamous words of the Borg: "Resistance if futile, you have been assimilated."

Earl Martin 06-15-2012 12:03 PM

I've been getting the same thing with PT 9.0.2. I have been switching between PT rigs that require different I/O setups and every time I switch from Rig B to Rig A and try to reconfigure the I/O, I get a bus thread error and then the multi-language screen of death. I have tried trashing the necessary items with the Tech Support Utility. In my crash log I get a KERN error and FW bus errors, even though I have no firewire connected. I haven't been able to find any other threads about it yet and haven't contacted AVID/ Digi yet either. The only workaround I've been able to make work is to create a new session and import all of my tracks in with the correct mapping already in place. Any help would be appreciated.

Mac OSX 10.6.8
Mac Pro Quad core 2.4 GHz
Protools 9.0.2 HD3 with Magma PCIx Expansion Chassis
Intensity Pro Vid card