Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Fast Track C400 not recognised in sound preferences, Mac (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=327061)

Rory Alexander 08-22-2012 03:50 AM

Fast Track C400 not recognised in sound preferences, Mac

Hi all, I'm new here
i just bought a fast track c400 and it seemed to be working fine when i first connected it, but once i disconnected and reconnected it, it failed to show up in the sound tab of my system preferences, and i can't use it for anything.
I then restarted my computer and it worked fine again, but this means that every time i want to reconnect the device i have to restart my computer, which is annoying to say the least, since its a macbook and i use it for everything. Im fairly sure i have all the latest software/drivers necessary.

i am running:
Macbook early 2009, OSX lion installed, 10.7.4
Protools SE 8.05 (came with the fast track)

I've tried searching for an answer but i can't seem to find one, If anyone else has encountered this problem or has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

justus1900 08-22-2012 04:47 AM

Re: Fast Track C400 not recognised in sound preferences, Mac

I have a M-Audio Fast Tack C400 and C600 and if I disconnetct them I have to restart the computer and IM on a Windows system. My question is why do you keep disconnecting the C400 in the middle of your session? Once IM recordiing and in a session I never disconnect anything till IM done recording.

Rory Alexander 08-22-2012 10:48 PM

Sorry, maybe i wasn't clear, I'm not disconnecting the device when I'm recording, or even in a session, but whenever i do disconnect the device, i have to restart the computer

justus1900 08-23-2012 04:07 AM

So you want to be able to just disconnect the C400 grap your laptop and go come back and just connect the C400 and have it working. sorry it doesnt work that way I dont know why but once you disconnect you have to reboot as far as I have seen, any way if you are going to be recording again you should be deleting the Databases and DAE Pref and rebooting the laptop anyway before you start to work on a session again.

Rory Alexander 08-23-2012 05:00 PM

Is that really just the way it is? that just seems ridiculously inconvenient. I don't know of anything thats thought of as 'good' hardware that requires a reboot every single time its reconnected. Are you 100% sure that theres no way around this, because it doesn't seem like everyone has this problem

justus1900 08-23-2012 05:36 PM

No IM not 100% sure, but one day I connected my C400 and decided to unconnect to see what it would do and the laptop speakers took over and the C400 would not reconnect so I tried to go into the sound module on my laptop (PC Laptop) and change the setting but I woudnt let me and when I fired up Pro Tools it didnt see the C400 in the Set Up Engine so I just stopped trying and now when I want to use the C400 I connect it and reboot and it comes right up no problem so thats how I solved it.

Hagenfors 09-21-2012 02:34 PM

Oh My Days! I have the exact same problem with my Fast Track C600. It sounds ridiculous that you'd have to reboot every single time its disconnected. Please someone must know a fix to this!

gius.prenc 02-17-2013 03:34 PM

Hi;

I just bought the C400, and I am having this very same issue, that I find quite annoying. Did anybody resolve it yet?

I am using a MacBook, with 10.8.2.

Thanks.

G.