Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   SP2 M-box probs... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=141931)

Eloquist 07-14-2005 12:55 PM

SP2 M-box probs...

I just got my M-box about a week ago and I'm using a 500MHz P3 with 256RAM to power it. It seemed to install fine and it all checked out OK (despite the need for more RAM and more processing speed) but the only problem I have is when I try to record, it tells me to lower the H/W Buffer size... and when I lower it to 512 it tells me I should raise it... Now, it doesn't do that everytime, it has recorded 3 times in the past week, however, it has problems playing it back... I've tried running it on a seperate system that has more then enough juice to power the M-box yet it still does the same thing... is this a problem with SP2 like some of the documentation claimed, or is there something else I can do to fix this problem.

AND... if I have to go back to SP1... whats an easy way to do so... its not like there's a key to just un-install SP2 off Xp...

spkguitar 07-14-2005 01:09 PM

Re: SP2 M-box probs...

You really need to take a good read through the mBox Compatibility page including all of the linked pages.
Your system is woefully inadequate in more than one respect.

Eloquist 07-25-2005 12:53 PM

Regaurdless of the system I use the problem occurs. the inadequacy of my system is irrelevant.

Bastiaan 07-25-2005 12:57 PM

get a faster pc, or downgrade to ptle 5.3.1

512 is really the minimum. Upgrade to that and your system will be faster.

spkguitar 07-25-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

the inadequacy of my system is irrelevant.

The inadequacy of your system is directly relevant to the problem you are having. You did not post specifications about your other computer that you tried it on. "more than enough juice" doesn't mean that it meets the compatibility specifications laid out on the page that I linked you to. Any computer that you will use to run the mBox must meet the minimum compatibility requirements first and foremost before any other troubleshooting can occur.

Stiff 07-25-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

I've tried running it on a seperate system that has more then enough juice to power the M-box yet it still does the same thing... is this a problem with SP2 like some of the documentation claimed, or is there something else I can do to fix this problem.

Can you post your specs for this system?

panicstrickin 07-25-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Regaurdless of the system I use the problem occurs. the inadequacy of my system is irrelevant.

Definitly need more juice! I have a pc with two hard drives and a gig of ram and pt still locks up on me sometimes.....so not irrelevant