Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Dock/S1 VCA Spill Weirdness - or is it just me? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408539)

barden 02-16-2020 01:41 PM

Dock/S1 VCA Spill Weirdness - or is it just me?

Let's see if I can make sense of this and perhaps someone can confirm this behaviour and / or tell me if I'm just missing something:

(PT2019.10/MacOS 10.14.6/EuCon 20.1/Latest Control Apps/Dock and 1 S1, both with current firmwares; no WiFi on host Mac)

- in EuControl, Assign VCA Master to Dock is selected

- in EuControl, Auto Spill VCA from Control App Attention is selected

- in EuControl, VCA Spill Overrides Layout is selected (BUT there are currently no layouts)

- PT Session contains a single VCA, groups members are 12 - 16 tracks of various flavours

- On the S1 surface, double-clicking the Sel button causes the expected result: the VCA members spill on the S1 and the Dock fader becomes the VCA master and I can touch / move the VCA master with the channels on the S1 staying on the surface, moving according to the VCA master movement

- on the Control App, in Tracks view, touching the VCA track "square" causes the expected result: the VCA members spill on the S1 and Dock fader becomes the VCA master

- BUT as soon as I touch the VCA master on the Dock, the spilled faders on the S1 "disappear" (i.e. I go back to seeing the channels that were there before causing the spill by touching the track "square" in Tracks view on the App)

- similarly, if the VCA master is the attentioned fader on the Dock and I double-click on the Sel button there, the VCA members spill on the S1 BUT as soon as I touch the VCA master on the Dock, the spilled faders "disappear" and I see the channels that were there, "pre-spill"

So, am I missing something? Do I have a EuControl attention setting set incorrectly? I should be able to grab the VCA master on the Dock and still see the members of the VCA on the S1 so that I can level channels independently of the VCA movement, no?

Thanks for reading.

Barden

P.S. The speed at which I have to double-click on the VCA Master Sel button on the S1 still seems to be very unpredictable...even when slowing my double-clicks down considerably, as mentioned in other posts here.

Lynn Gräber 02-16-2020 06:17 PM

Re: Dock/S1 VCA Spill Weirdness - or is it just me?

I don't have the behavior you describe over here, but I am on PT 2019.12.

I do agree about the seemingly random double click speed for VCA's on the S1. Hoping this gets ironed out in the update coming soon.

docric 02-17-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barden (Post 2554413)
- similarly, if the VCA master is the attentioned fader on the Dock and I double-click on the Sel button there, the VCA members spill on the S1 BUT as soon as I touch the VCA master on the Dock, the spilled faders "disappear" and I see the channels that were there, "pre-spill"

So, am I missing something? Do I have a EuControl attention setting set incorrectly?

... Under Eucon>General is the "Select by Touch" box checked? If so, I wonder if this might be the issue?

barden 02-17-2020 08:13 AM

Rick...

Big thanks...it seems that that is exactly what it was. I had focused on the Preferences page.

Lynn...

Thanks for checking it out!

Enjoy the holiday Monday!

Barden