Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Spinning Beachball on Transport Stop (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408894)

Ellis Beckwith 03-13-2020 11:38 AM

Spinning Beachball on Transport Stop

Only happens on one particular session. system Usage shows around 35% when playing. 3 of the 4 cores about 20%. Activity 3%, Memory 47%. All VIs committed to audio tracks.

To keep it from happening, I have to wait 2-3 seconds before clicking anywhere else on the screen. Occasionally getting cpu overload errors, as well.

Downtown_BE 03-14-2020 12:23 AM

Re: Spinning Beachball on Transport Stop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis Beckwith (Post 2556939)
Only happens on one particular session. system Usage shows around 35% when playing. 3 of the 4 cores about 20%. Activity 3%, Memory 47%. All VIs committed to audio tracks.

To keep it from happening, I have to wait 2-3 seconds before clicking anywhere else on the screen. Occasionally getting cpu overload errors, as well.

in my experience 3 things can cause spinning balls after transport stop: VI`s (which is not in your case), large Beat detectived tracks like full drum tracks and lots of autotune instances in one session (for example on lots of backings etc.)

both consolidating and commiting solves it!

cwsand 03-14-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis Beckwith (Post 2556939)

Could still be a plugin - have you tried opening the session with all plugins disabled?

You could also try a Save Copy in, or create a new session and import session data.

Ellis Beckwith 03-17-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwsand (Post 2557012)
Could still be a plugin - have you tried opening the session with all plugins disabled?

You could also try a Save Copy in, or create a new session and import session data.

I took your suggestion and open the session with all plugins disabled and that fixd the problem. As yet, have not narrowed it down to one particular plugin.
Thanks

JFreak 03-17-2020 09:06 PM

You probably cannot narrow it down by disabling plugins on the session, because the bogey plugin is still loaded into memory. You need to do it the hard way, as in moving the plugin to unused folders, then restarting PT and reloading session. One by one, as long as your problem is gone. That is the only reliable way to know which plugin needs to be updated.

musicman691 03-18-2020 04:09 AM

I get this if I have the Baldwin Parlor Grand piano in UVI Falcon still active in a session. Usually when I render the MIDI to audio and deactivate the instrument track with Falcon on it it goes away. It's not a fault of Falcon but of the piano library itself and that's straight from the developer.

JFreak 03-18-2020 04:09 AM

Good to know, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk