Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PT 8 LE with Digidesign 002 Install Question about License (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=321934)

lgleisner 04-30-2012 10:10 AM

PT 8 LE with Digidesign 002 Install Question about License

Sorry for the question, but I am about to get some used equipment and have spent hours reading about ILOK, digidesign transfer papers, and anything else I may need to know before this purchase.

I was under the impression one had to have an ILOK for version PT 8 LE? The person selling said he never recieved an ILOK and thought him selling me all his equipment would be a problem from a software standpoint. He has the original disks and software, but he said the codes were installed on his old computer that I am not purchasing. That being said from the posts and other reading I have printed off "Digidesign Hardware Transfer of Ownership Program" paperwork. Am I correct in thinkineg that if He sells me the equipment and original software that once we both fill out the Transfer paperwork I will be able to load and run PT 8LE on my own system? Sorry again for the question, but I have yet to see a solid answer of Yes or No. This will determine the selling price and if I am going to buy from him or another source. I know this is old technology, but this is my first time recording - played in bands for the last decade or two and now want to record stuff with my children for church. Thanks in advance for any help that could be offered.

Intel Motherboard
Celron 2 Running 2.85 Ghz
3 Gig Ram running 400Mhz
1394 Firewire card installed
Running XP SP3 Home Edition

Pro Tools 8 LE
Digidesign 002

dubpimpjuice 05-01-2012 05:16 AM

Re: PT 8 LE with Digidesign 002 Install Question about License

Welcome!
You don't need an ilok to run 8, but if you buy from this guy
You will need the authorization code from the seller.
Also, the computer you are buying may or may not be compatible.
Be sure to check the forum stickies for compat info.

lgleisner 05-01-2012 07:11 AM

Re: PT 8 LE with Digidesign 002 Install Question about License

Thank you for the reply. Good to hear I do not need an ILOK for PT 8. I will get the authorization code from the seller and ask him to sign the Digidesign Hardware Transfer Form.

As far as my CPU I am not purchasing one. I have a
Windows XP unit I was going to use
Celron 2.4ghz
3Gig RAM
7200RPM 100 GIG drive
1394 Firewire card

I am buying a Digidesign 002 with cords, Behringer BCF 2000, Behringer ADA8000, Alesis ADAT AI3, (2) M-Audio AV40 Monitors, (1) SM57, (1) SM58, Protools 8LE. All I really wanted was the Digidesign 002 and the software, but it is a package deal for a good price so I can not pass it up. I also now can give him his asking price if I am able to use the software. Thanks for the help.