Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need to use only Digi002 w/Mountain Lion (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330327)

Mike Harrison 11-02-2012 08:43 AM

Need to use only Digi002 w/Mountain Lion

I do not have a need at the moment to use my Pro Tools LE software (which will need to be updated), but my Digi002 is the means of getting audio in and out of my computer, which is a new MacMini running Mountain Lion (OS 10.8.2).

What do I need to install in order to use just the Digi002 at this time?

Thanks.

nst7 11-02-2012 10:51 AM

Re: Need to use only Digi002 w/Mountain Lion

Just download and install the latest 002 drivers from the website. That will install the basic Core Audio driver which will let you use it with other programs, or with the system sound, etc.

Mike Harrison 11-02-2012 11:09 AM

Thank you, nst7!

Much appreciated.

YYR123 11-06-2012 02:12 PM

did this work?

I was just curious b/c it seems from what I understood from the website that just 10.7.4 was qualified for those drivers......

if it works that is great but just trying to find out....Thanks.

Mike Harrison 11-11-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 1978695)
did this work?

Yes! I downloaded and installed the file: 002_and_003_Family_Drivers_v90_r3_73509.dmg and my Mac's system and Adobe Audition sees and accepts the hardware.

Sorry for the delay; I was waiting for the delivery of a Firewire cable adapter, without which, I couldn't connect my 002.

Thanks again, nst7!

simon lefisch 02-27-2013 11:04 AM

been a while since i posted in this forum, however ive had my MBP for almost a year and have recently decided to try and get my 002r to work with my MBP. i downloaded and installed the standalone drivers from the avid website and the audio manager doesnt seem to recognize my hardware. tried all 3 downloads and no luck. any ideas as to why? could it be that im on 10.7.5? itd be nice to use this interface so i have access to 16 ins/outs without having to use pro tools (not that it would work anyways) any info/help would be appreciated. thanks :D

edit: ignore the specs in the signature. i have a MBP Quad i7 2.2 GHz (late 2011), 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.5

YYR123 02-27-2013 11:13 AM

should work bro......

simon lefisch 02-27-2013 11:17 AM

yea i would they would too, however like i said the core audio manager for the 002 doesnt even see the hardware. so there is no connection being made. i know the interface works as i powered up my windows system and was able to open up PT just fine. if it doenst work then so be it, however itd be a total waste as i dont wanna have to purchase another interface and i dont need to us PT.

Mike Harrison 02-27-2013 12:40 PM

Does your 002R show up in the Apple Audio MIDI Setup app in your Utilities folder? I don't know exactly what to tell you if it doesn't, but I would do a few things:

First, read do whatever is recommended by this troubleshooting post on the AVID board: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

I might also try repairing permissions using Disk Utility. If that didn't help, I would then use the Pro Tools installer to uninstall everything and try again, installing ONLY the driver that is correct for my configuration.

simon lefisch 02-27-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Harrison (Post 2011392)
Does your 002R show up in the Apple Audio MIDI Setup app in your Utilities folder? I don't know exactly what to tell you if it doesn't, but I would do a few things:

First, read do whatever is recommended by this troubleshooting post on the AVID board: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

I might also try repairing permissions using Disk Utility. If that didn't help, I would then use the Pro Tools installer to uninstall everything and try again, installing ONLY the driver that is correct for my configuration.

the interface does show up however it shows 0 ins/outs. the "1394" light on the front of the interface doesnt light up, even when i open the digidesign core audio manager. the manager says not connected and doesnt recognize the hardware. i feel like ive done everything, or at least most of what is in that link you provided. most of whats in there is in regards to PT itself and as stated before im not trying to run PT on this version of OSX, just trying to use the interface. ill go thru it again and see if i can get it working tho. ive even tried installing the PT 8.0.3 standalone drivers and still get the same results....002r shows in system preferences>sound and audio/midi setup yet cannot configure in either of these panes. digidesign core audio manager does not recognize my hardware when app is opem :/