Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Memory Locations window Keyboard Shortcut (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=251761)

JamesPNeil 08-09-2009 02:06 PM

Memory Locations window Keyboard Shortcut

Does anyone know what the "Keyboard Shortcut" command is for scrolling through the Memory Locations window list, so that one can access the "Previous or Next" Memory Location.

FYI, on Frontier's "TranzPort" remote control unit, there are buttons for accessing "Markers", ( Prev and Next ). These do in fact select the "Previous or Next" Memory Location in Pro Tools via "MIDI commands". I would just like to know what the actual "Keyboard Shortcut" commands are in Pro Tools.

Setup: MacBook Pro, Pro Tools LE 8.0

Thanks,

Jim Neil
NEIL RECORDERS

BaileyBass 08-09-2009 02:16 PM

Re: Memory Locations window Keyboard Shortcut

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesPNeil (Post 1438732)
Does anyone know what the "Keyboard Shortcut" command is for scrolling through the Memory Locations window list, so that one can access the "Previous or Next" Memory Location.

FYI, on Frontier's "TranzPort" remote control unit, there are buttons for accessing "Markers", ( Prev and Next ). These do in fact select the "Previous or Next" Memory Location in Pro Tools via "MIDI commands". I would just like to know what the actual "Keyboard Shortcut" commands are in Pro Tools.

Setup: MacBook Pro, Pro Tools LE 8.0

Thanks,

Jim Neil
NEIL RECORDERS

If you have selected, and your cursor is in, the markers ruler you can Tab forward and backwards. Or you can , on the numeric keypad, hit "period" then the marker #, then "period" and it will go to which ever you select. If there is another way I would like to know it. sb

albee1952 08-09-2009 02:51 PM

I go to the numeric key pad hit . # . (# is the number of the memory location)

JamesPNeil 08-10-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaileyBass (Post 1438740)
If you have selected, and your cursor is in, the markers ruler you can Tab forward and backwards. Or you can , on the numeric keypad, hit "period" then the marker #, then "period" and it will go to which ever you select. If there is another way I would like to know it. sb

BaileyBass,

Thanks for the reply.

The "period", "marker #", "period", works fine, but I need to be able to "scroll" through the Memory Locations window via keystrokes

I'm still trying to find the actual keystrokes for this procedure. When I do, I'll let you know. Thanks !!

Jim Neil

JamesPNeil 08-10-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1438757)
I go to the numeric key pad hit . # . (# is the number of the memory location)

Albee1952,

Thank you for the reply.

The "period", "marker #", "period", works fine, but I need to be able to "scroll" through the Memory Locations window via keystrokes

I'm still trying to find the actual keystrokes for this procedure.

Jim Neil

Keybeeetsss 08-10-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesPNeil (Post 1439146)

I'm still trying to find the actual keystrokes for this procedure. When I do, I'll let you know. Thanks !!

Jim Neil

Quite sure we'd all like to know when u find this:confused:

summit01 11-26-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss (Post 1439158)
Quite sure we'd all like to know when u find this:confused:

I was searching for the shortcut but couldnt find any, so Im using the Tranzport for scrolling. By the way the "period", "marker #", "period" works fine too, but does anybody know how to renumber the memory locations? Is there a function to auto-renumber it?

Keybeeetsss 11-26-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summit01 (Post 1503103)
Is there a function to auto-renumber it?

:o Mannnn that is the 1 thing I'd pay for... Maybe 1 of my 2 complaints :o

Urba Records 03-15-2017 07:14 PM

Press ( . ) then # of memory location on number pad then ( . )

FluQe Creative 01-22-2018 07:20 AM

Upgrade your Memory Locations

We’ve created a new macOS App which attempts to solve the problems listed in this thread. We thought some might find it useful.

Easily scroll through, renumber, and edit a list of your Memory Locations before jumping to the selected ML with a single key press.

FluQe Creative presents Setlist Manager

http://fluqe.com/images/SLMInterface...Square1024.jpg

Whether you’re a musician creating playback track setlists from one large Session, or looking to categorise your post production location markers for a smoother workflow,
Setlist Manager is the perfect addition to your macOS Pro Tools setup.

Setlist Manager works by importing your static Pro Tools marker information and transforming it into an editable running order of audio sections within your master Pro Tools Session.

Get a 20% discount using coupon code SLMINTRO at checkout until 28th February 2018.